The Security Department provides the following security service:
· Internal and External preventative patrolling of the Hospital,
· Issuing of Security ID/Swipe Cards,
· Monitoring alarms – Intruder and Critical
· Key control,
· Providing a lost and found property service,
· Reporting and investigating all incidents of crime,
· Monitoring swipe card access,
· Rapid response on a 24/7 basis to calls for assistance within NGH
· Cash and personnel escorting,
· Monitoring the activities of contractors / building personnel and operating a permit to work system as appropriate,
· Traffic Management and Regulation,
· Ensuring compliance with Fire Services Acts. Emergency Legislation and Fire Officers directions,
· Responding to fire alarms,
· Advising management and staff on all aspects of security and security related matters,
· Liasing with the Garda Siochana and other relevant agencies.
This is given practical effect by providing a 24 hour, seven days a week security service controlled from a central security control room with two way communication underpinned by a precise set of Standard Operating Procedures applicable to the anticipated duties.
The security service is provided by a contract security company.
The security personnel have undergone training in and are deemed competent in:
· Control room operational techniques
· Talk down skills
· MAPA (Management of Actual and Potential Aggression)
· Traffic management
· Crisis intervention