Complaints Policy Statement:
Your feedback is welcomed and valued, it allows us to continually improve the care and services we provide to our Service Users.
Providing feedback or making a complaint
Naas General Hospital is committed to listening and responding to patients, staff, all service users and their families and learning from their experiences and feedback to improve our services. Please tell us what we have done well and how we can improve our patient care.
We have a complaints procedure in place designed to ensure that:
1. Service users are encouraged and facilitated to bring their concerns or complaints to the attention of the hospital.
2. All reported concerns/complaints are responded to promptly and appropriately
3. All concerns/complaints are resolved, where practicable, to the satisfaction of all persons involved.
Our aim is to resolve concerns/complaints to the satisfaction of all persons involved. This is consistent with the HSE core values; Care, Compassion, Trust and Learning.
How to provide feedback
If you wish to provide feedback (comment, compliment or complaint) about any aspect of our service please:
1.Tell a staff member: We encourage patients and families to let those involved in their care know if they have a concern. It is hospital policy that staff will deal with service user feedback at point of contact.
2. Email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
3. Complete a Feedback Form and leave it in the identified Your Service Your Say post boxes provided within many areas in the hospital.
4. Telephone the Quality Risk and Patient Safety Department, Naas General Hospital at 045-843106 or the Quality and Patient Experience Manager at 045-849521
5. Letter: Put your comments in writing to: The Quality and Patient Experience Manager, The Quality Risk and Patient Safety Department, Naas General Hospital, Naas, Co. Kildare
Link to HSE Complaints and Feedback: https://www2.hse.ie/services/hse-complaints-and-feedback/your-service-your-say.html
We adhere to the Five Principles of the HSE Feedback Process
The Quality and Patient Experience Manager,
Quality Risk and Patient Safety Department
Telephone 045 849521 / 045 843106
All comments, compliments and complaints will be acknowledged. Complaints will be investigated thoroughly and you will be informed of the outcome as soon as possible. The hospital will acknowledge formal complaints within 5 working days. You can expect an update on your complaint within 30 working days. In the event that additional time is required we will update you every 20 working days.
Unfortunately we can only receive feedback in English. Therefore, please contact a member of staff to arrange Interpreting Support if required.
Independent Patient Advocacy Service:
The contact details for the Independent Patient Advocacy Service are www.patientadvocacyservice.ie
Phone number- 0818 293003.
Information obtained by any parties in the course of processing a concern/complaint is confidential and may not be discussed, communicated or disclosed, except in the normal course of the investigation.
Records of all correspondence and/or documentation relating to a concern/ complaint are maintained confidentially. They are not included in a patient’s healthcare record.
HSE, Your Service Your Say HSE Complaints Policy, the Management of Service User Feedback for Comments, Compliments and Complaints, HSE Policy, https://www.hse.ie/eng/about/qavd/complaints/ysysguidance/